In Progress
Module 1, Topic 51
In Progress

1.1 Welcome by Tatjana Apukhtina

LCS Online March 25, 2020

Hello, my friend! I am extremely EXCITED that you decided to enrol on this industry steeped Influencer & Blogging training.  You’re now part of an ambitious community of champion bloggers, freelancers and online entrepreneurs who are actively pursuing success in their business!

My name is Tatjana Apukhtina and I’m the Resident Social Media and Blogging Tutor here at London College of Style.

I started my own blog www.fashionartista.com as a creative outlet when I was studying International Business many moons ago, and I’ve been lucky to work with amazing brands like Superdry, Russell and Bromley, Rolls Royce and many more.

As a blogger, you can turn your passion into a full-time job, when you tap into the power of brand collaborations; and we’ll show you exactly how to get there!

What if you run your own business and want to use the power blogging and social media as a way to drive more sales?

Last year, I decided to turn my passion for loose leaf tea into a business by starting a tea subscription company called Teapro.

Teapro takes tea lovers on a sensory journey through the world of loose-leaf tea.

Each month, subscribers receive a themed tea box containing four unique varieties, stylish tea-ware and education about their benefits, history and culture. As a company, we are on a mission to help tea drinkers ditch the teabag and create a sustainable, plastic-free society.

Start-up founders know only too well how expensive traditional Advertising and PR is! For us, Social Media has been absolutely crucial, in helping us promote our brand and make more sales. We’ve managed to get from 0 to almost 8k followers with some of our photos reaching over 23k people.

Lastly, I also work as an actress, scriptwriter and filmmaker – so I can completely relate to the freelancers amongst you!  As an Actress, I use my social media to help me get more exposure, connect with other creatives in my niche, and ultimately get booked for jobs.

Last year, I made an award-winning short thriller on the topic of gaslighting, called ‘Your Reality’.  You can take a peek of my film trailer here.

I used social media to help me crowdfund the project, get my film crew and cast, as well as promote the film once it had been released.  So if I learnt one thing, it’s that anything is possible with the power of social media influence and the reach of the blogging!

What brings you to the course?

Reflect for a moment on your reasons for training with LCS and list them if can.  Jot down your initial ideas and goals for completing this training.

• Perhaps you’ve joined us because you’re considering Blogging or Influencing as career options in themselves?
  • Perhaps you want to capitalise on the power of blogging to promote an existing business or have a potential business planned and want to know how to make it a success through Social Media and Blogging?
  •  Or perhaps you just want to express your creativity, your hobbies or you want to share your passion, skill or talent to the world and get noticed?

Keep your ideas in this early stage of the course and reflect on these as you progress.  We can certainly share with you up-to-the-minute insight into how you might achieve these and more as well as some industry insider hacks and tricks which we will share with you so you may reach your personal goals.

To keep this course as straightforward as possible, we will reference many examples of blogging in the fashion world, however, once you have learnt the ‘rules’ of blogging, these can be applied to any blogging topic you can think of.

We are extremely proud of our LCS talent who have completed this E-Diploma course who now blog or post professionally  in the following areas:

• Women’s Fashion
  • Men’s Fashion
  • Fashion Trends
  • Street Style
  • Travel
  • Graphic Design
  • Beauty
  • Nutrition
  • Photography
  • Art
  • Events

Will you be adding to this list? We hope so!

Skip to toolbar